Dear Pacific Region Oasis Participants, Community Partners, and Stakeholders,
It has been an honor and privilege serving as Executive Director of Pacific Region Oasis since August 2015. With gratitude of having served in this capacity, I have resigned from my position effective June 30, 2017. I am proud to be leaving Pacific Region Oasis in a much-improved state than when I arrived and my hope is Pacific Region Oasis will continue to thrive.
Against the backdrop of reduced funding to older adult programming, a declining economic climate, and the need for strategic organizational governance, the last nearly two years has been filled with accomplishments, challenges, and opportunities which continue to shape Pacific Region Oasis. With the support of a wonderful staff and volunteer leadership, in less than two years, we were able to accomplish the following milestones:
• 13% increase in annual program revenue
• 30% increase in individual gifts and implementation of PRO Advocates Monthly Giving campaign
• Improved community visibility and expanded partnerships with Retired Employees of Los Angeles County (RELAC), UCLA Centers for Excellence collaborative, and first-time participation in the Alzheimer’s of Greater Los Angeles’ Walk4ALZ in 2016 to raise funds for Alzheimer’s research and Pacific Region Oasis
• Improved catalog design, implementation of weekly e-blasts to strengthen communication with participants, and the introduction of more innovative programming
• 5% increase in participant retention
• 9% increase in volunteer instructors
• Recipient of grant award from California Community Foundation to expand Elder Financial Abuse programming to participants
• And, countless other performance measures contributing to the sustainability of Pacific Region Oasis and a positive participant experience
I cannot say enough great things about the relationships I have developed with participants, the volunteers I have worked with, and the staff’s commitment to the organization mission. I appreciate the opportunity to have lead Pacific Region Oasis and am looking forward to the next chapter in my life.
The Best is Yet to Come!
Stephanie L. Carter, MSW
Pacific Region Oasis